How to Contect to Ford SYNC® 3
One of the best parts about driving a new Ford vehicle is being able to stay connected when driving around the Springtown area with the Ford SYNC® 3 infotainment system. If you’re wondering how to connect to Ford Sync, just locate your phone with Bluetooth®-enabled and make sure you have access to your infotainment screen in your Ford. Learn more about how to connect Ford SYNC® 3 with the experts at Karl Klement Ford today! If you have any questions, feel free to contact us today!
Ford SYNC® 3: How to Connect Your Device
- Enable Bluetooth® on your phone and make sure it’s discoverable.
- Press “Add Device” on your SYNC® 3 touchscreen interface.
- Use your smartphone to discover devices until SYNC® is available.
- Check to make sure the PIN on your phone is the same as the PIN on the screen. If it’s different, you should use the PIN displayed into your phone.
- SYNC® will indicate that pairing is successful.
- SYNC® will then display 911 Assist status (automatic calls to emergency personnel in the event of a crash), however, you can turn this off if you’d like. You can also disable automatic contact downloads.
- Press the “Finish” button.
Basics of the Ford SYNC® 3
- Touchscreen: The SYNC® 3 touchscreen helps you navigate through the SYNC system and see what this intuitive system has to offer. Swipe, tap, and pinch to navigate through the various screens.
- Status Bar: The status bar displays icons and messages, including the home button, climate control status, time, text messages, outdoor temperature, Wi-Fi connectivity, and more.
- Navigation: If you have a Ford vehicle equipped with the navigation system, you will see a map of your current location on the touchscreen.
- Audio and Entertainment: When you turn on the audio, you can see where the audio is coming from (Bluetooth®, radio, CD, etc.).
- Feature Bar: On the Feature bar, you can tap on the buttons such as audio, climate, phone, apps, navigation, and settings.
- Voice Commands: Other than just navigating through the SYNC® 3 interface, voice commands can also be used.